Monday, June 7, 2010

52

52 is what came to mind when my daughter Sarah asked for a blog name. Elisa, my oldest daughter asked her sister to set up a blog for our upcoming walk-marathon. Elisa and I will be walking 26 miles on September 19, 2010 for Breast Cancer Crusade.

Ok, to be honest at 51, I have never seen a blog. I have done several projects for cancer research, but never participated in blogging, email or other internet type things. Am I way out of current times or what?

So when I think of 52 - the number of weeks in a year, yes, but it will be the combined number of miles that Elisa and I will travel on that day. It will also be the number of sponsors that we hope to have. We have set a goal to each find 26 sponsors that will donate $26 (one dollar for each mile) we walk.

On the day of the marathon, Sarah will keep everyone posted of our progress. By the way, 52 will also be my age as I fly home after the event.

Walking for a cure...
Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment